- You cannot add "Pure Kerala Forest Wild Honey" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Price : ₹ 190.00
Net Qty: 100 gms
How to identify Real Native Koova Podi:
- The root will have a slight bluish tint.
- White or american arrow root will even have a white outer peel.
- It has slight different fragrant that yellow arrow root and white.
- Blue arrow root powder hardens much faster than other two varieties mentioned above.
9 in stock
Original Kerala Neela Koova Podi:
Curcuma leucorrhiza Roxb (Blue Arrowroot) is a nutritive medicinal herb which naturally grows in Kerala and many parts of western ghats. It is also cultivated for a starch obtained from the rootstock; used as food and medicine.
Tubers are cleaned and scraped after harvesting and then it is washed. Then it is rubbed on a rough rock surface to produce pulp, it is then washed with water and the fiber is discarded. After the starch settles in the water, water is discarded and fresh water is added. This process continuous till the residue is pure white. It is then sun dried.
Curcuma Angustifolia is the Yellow arrowroot which is also useful as medicine. Whereas white arrowroot(Maranta Arundinacea) is not from the Zingiberaceae family which consist of turmeric, ginger and many other medicinal root variety.
Best way to use Koova Podi:
Best way to use it is mixed with water and boil, Add salt/sugar or milk and consume warm.
Health Benefits of Neela Koova Podi:
- Neela Koova Podi has high Antioxidant and Antimicrobial qualities.
- It is excellent for reproductive systems. It enhances the semen quantity and quality. Its extremely good for dysuria and leucorrhoea.
- Koova podi cools the body, reduces urinary trouble and also prevents stone formation.
- It also has calcium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus and other minerals.
- Koova podi can also be used as a weaning food. As it can be easily digested by the body.
- Transfer contents to an airtight container after opening.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use as per requirement.