Stingless Bee Honey (Cheruthen):
Stingless bees is mostly seen throughout the parts of the world in the tropical parts. It is called as meliponines. They reside in cavities of rock, trees etc. Their colonies are made out of organic waste, propolis mixed with their wax and tree resin etc.
Their hives are very different from all the other large bees. So is their honey!
They collect honey from the smallest and the deepest flowers and tree resin as their size allows them to do so.
Their range of forage is extremely less, Hence the maximum honey produced is 200 grams per colony per year. They don’t exhaust the honey unlike other bees so after few years you may be able to get 1 to 2 kg of honey together.
They store honey in small pots which look like grape bunch made out of plant resin and wax.
About the product
- It is untouched with Human Hands.
- No additives or alteration are added to this Honey.
- Always keep airtight after use.
- Store in a cool, dry place but with light.
- Independent apiculturists in and around Kannur, Kerala
- 100 gms
- Use as per requirement.