The most commonly available cinnamon in markets these days is Cassia cinnamon (aka Chinese cinnamon). What we offer here is Ceylon cinnamon.
Ceylon cinnamon has much more health benefits whereas Cassia cinnamon is known to contain naturally occuring toxins which has resulted in several warnings, advisories as well as bans in the EU. Ceylon cinnamon is harder to extract and even harder to roll since they are relatively thinner than Cassia cinnamon.
This cinnamon is sourced from areas adjoining the famous Anjarakandy Cinnamon Estates once spread over more than 1000 acres. This batch is from last years harvest.
Out of stock
About the product
- This cinnamon is sourced around the Anjarakandy area of Kerala.
- It is extracted and processed by hand.
- No additives or preservatives are added to this.
- Cinnamon consumed with real honey is known to benefit people with blood sugar and cholestrol issues.
- It is also beneficial in reducing inflammation especially among arthritis patients.
- It also alleviates bronchial discomforts
- Transfer contents to an airtight container after opening.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Can be used in cooking in stick or powder form.
- Wipe with a clean dry cloth before use.
Manufactured and processed by
- Independent farmers around Anjarakandy, Kerala.
Purchase 250 grams for 360 rupees inclusive of shipping and handling.
Ceylon cinnamon is harvested from the bark of mature cinnamon trees. Once extracted the same tree is not harvested until another 5 years have passed. The bark of Ceylon cinnamon trees being thinner than Cassia cinnamon are more fragile and demands exceptional skill to roll.